Tying the knot in October doesn’t mean you have a spooky wedding, but for Halloween lovers, there’s nothing more exciting than October rolling around. The great thing about having a themed wedding is that it gives you the chance to have some fun with your wedding plans and find out-of-the-box ideas. There are plenty of fun ways to incorporate Halloween into your wedding, from ditching the traditional white wedding for black to skulls and bats; there’s a lot of fun to be had.
Halloween is not a one size fits all. There are numerous different approaches you can take that best fit you and your partner’s vision. The important thing is that at the end of the day, you find your wedding to be the wedding of your dreams.
34 Halloween Decoration Ideas for Your Spooky Wedding
Spooky season has a lot of classic skulls and spider webs, but you don’t need to limit yourself to the classics. To help get the juices flowing, here are a few ideas for your Halloween-themed wedding.
- “I’ll follow you into the dark” dessert display
- “Ill follow you into the dark” entry way into the venue
- Haunted house decorations
- Fog machine
- Black place setting with crystal wedding favor
- Black wedding suits with silver stars
- Halloween-themed wedding cookies
- Mad Hatter-themed wedding cake
- Alice in Wonderland-themed party favors
- Queen of Hearts floral arrangements
- Cheshire Cat centerpieces
- Beetlejuice tabletop decor
- Beetlejuice-inspired photo backdrops
- Vintage gothic name cards
- Skull cake topper
- Coffin wedding signage
- Nightmare Before Christmas signs
- Nightmare Before Christmas centerpieces
- Skeleton key escort cards
- Black pumpkin aisle decorations
- Dramatic black chandelier
- Till death do us part, guest book
- Til death do us part, red neon sign
- Black tabletop decor
- Skeleton wedding guest
- Black taper candles
- Black engagement ring
- Pumpkin escort cards
- Jack o’ lantern centerpieces
- Skull punch bowl
- Haunted house wedding cake
- Coffin ring boxes
- Candlelight walkways
- Spooky Halloween night backdrops
The great thing about Halloween is that it’s not just about skulls or black and orange. There are hundreds of movies and aesthetics that can be an inspiration for your spooky wedding.
- Gothic aesthetic
- Vampire aesthetic
- Nightmare Before Christmas
- Corpse Bride
- Edward Scissorhands
- Old Victorian aesthetic
- Disney Halloween
- Elegant Halloween aesthetic
- Slasher films
- Bride of Chucky vibes
- Night of the Living Dead
- Stephen King
- Haunted house themed
Sometimes narrowing down from Halloween to a deeply loved Halloween movie and aesthetic can be a huge help when it comes to deciding on the perfect wedding decorations. Halloween may seem like a limited theme, but there are various different interpretations of Halloween and within those there are subcategories, all of which you can pick and choose from giving you more variety than you may first believe. Regardless of the route you choose, the important thing is that it feels like the perfect fit for your wedding.
Plan the Perfect Spooky Outdoor Wedding With Windows on the Water
Your wedding day is your day. It’s a chance for you and your partner to show off who you are individually and together. That’s why Halloween is just a great theme at the end of the day. It’s fun and unique because no one will do it like you do it.
At Windows on the Water, we are proud to be able to host you and your honored guest on such a special day. Our professional wedding planners can help you plan your big day from start to finish, walking you everything and making sure you get the wedding you’ve always wanted. Contact us today and start planning your dream wedding by filling out our contact form or calling (609) 208-9475.